Yellow Dog Degree

Discussion in 'General masonic Discussion' started by jason, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jason

jason Seanchaí Staff Member

Verified:
    Yes
    Anyone hear of this. I came across this pin and was wondering the background on it.

Attached Files:

2. PatrickWilliams

PatrickWilliams I could tell you ...

Lodge:
    Racine-Belle City Lodge #18
  3. Ashlar2006

Ashlar2006 Masonic Mafia Staff Member

Staff:
    Manager
    Verified:
    Yes
    Now we have the Wild Boar , but I have never heard of the Yellow Dog Degree .
  4. Winter

Winter I've been here before

Verified:
    Yes
    It looks like another one of the "side" degrees. I went through the Skunk Patrol degree here in Wisconsin at Grand Lodge. It was a great time!
  5. jason

Verified:
    Yes
    I've never heard of any of these side degrees to be honest. It is interested. I've asked around several Brothers here and no one has heard of them. I guess we are just not that fun down here.
  6. Ashlar2006

Staff:
    Manager
    Verified:
    Yes
    You are more than welcome to come up this way this Spring and I will take you to the lodge that puts on the degree .
  7. jason

Verified:
    Yes
    Spring may be a bad time with the wife having a child and all. She may frown on it, but I may be able to sneak away for the fall.
  8. Ashlar2006

Staff:
    Manager
    Verified:
    Yes
    Next Fall then .
  9. m_s_ifland

m_s_ifland New Member

Verified:
    Yes
    I was doing a charity breakfast this saturday and recieved the Yellow Dog Degree along with my Fiancee. It was very fun and comical. I don't know the history of it, but one of the grand lodge officers conferred the degree. The money went to widows and orphans fund in Tennessee.
  10. removed12612

removed12612 Guest

Ashlar...let me know when the spring degree is....its not that far for me.
  11. Ashlar2006

Staff:
    Manager
    Verified:
    Yes
    Will do , I think it is the Last Saturday in April , but I will let you know when the time nears . It is great fun .
  12. rbryantr

rbryantr New Member

Lodge:
    Morning Flower #71
    Every spring here in Vermont, the Grand Lodge Officers perform a "Sap Bucket Degree"! It is a great amount of fun. We break in the middle for a Pancake lunch, with freshly made Maple Syrup!
  13. Bob Franks

Bob Franks District Deputy Grand Lecturer

Lodge:
    Wayne Lodge 112, AF&AM of NC
    Verified:
    Yes
    Beaver Lodge

In Muzzle Loading, we have the Beaver Lodge.
    The Degree is under the GLF&AM of Indiana, and is conferred at the shoots in Friendship (see National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association for schedule of shoots) or sometimes at Rendevous.

S&F
    Beaver
  14. jason

Verified:
    Yes
    For those that have put on these degrees, how did you go about learning them?
  15. Ashlar2006

Staff:
    Manager
    Verified:
    Yes
    I forget the name of the Brother who had originally came up with the idea and put it in writing .
  16. Ashlar2006

Staff:
    Manager
    Verified:
    Yes
  17. Winter

Winter I've been here before

Verified:
    Yes
    Yeah, that site gives me a chuckle as well. :)
  18. dinoPM192

dinoPM192 New Member

Lodge:
    Fielding 192
    The Yellow Dog Degree is confered by the New Carlisle Lodge # 100 New Carlisle , Ohio. It is a side degree and a fun degree for all. The lodge has been doing this degree since 1915. For more info, contact New Carlisle Lodge #100.
  19. Bob Franks

Bob Franks District Deputy Grand Lecturer

Lodge:
    Wayne Lodge 112, AF&AM of NC
    Verified:
    Yes
    Has anyone heard of a Redneck Degree at Patriot Lodge?. A friend living in Patriot, Ind. posted some pictures on Facebook.

S&F
  20. removed12612

removed12612 Guest

Na, thats just natural there:eek::eek::D:D..... BTW, the Lodge there is call Belle River #327:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D