Yellow Dog Degree

Laxguy38922

I have heard of the Hillbilly Degree, the Shrine puts it on to raise money for the Hospitals.

Question, for all of you that have taken part in one of these side degrees. Do they usually charge a little intiation fee? My lodge was thinking of creating a side-degree as a fundraiser(like I said the Hillbilly Degree is for the Shrine). We are located in Phoenixville(named after Phoenix Steel) and the lodge name is Phoenix so I was thinking of using that for the degree.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have heard of the Hillbilly Degree, the Shrine puts it on to raise money for the Hospitals.

Question, for all of you that have taken part in one of these side degrees. Do they usually charge a little intiation fee? My lodge was thinking of creating a side-degree as a fundraiser(like I said the Hillbilly Degree is for the Shrine). We are located in Phoenixville(named after Phoenix Steel) and the lodge name is Phoenix so I was thinking of using that for the degree.
My lodge used to put on a side degree , but allowed another lodge to take it over . We/they charged and still do $5 for a lifetime "dues card" . It makes for a day of fun , friendship and fellowship .

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
I'll have to pick up the Yellow Dog at some point. Shame the nearest Lodge I've seen that confers it is 2+ hours out.

ALiquidCandy

I'm taking part of the Yellow Dog degree the last Tuesday of this month (March). I have no idea what it is and when I asked, I was told I'm just going to have to wait to find out, they didn't tell me what was going on the degrees before I took them, why would they start now.

The degree isn't happening through the blue lodge though. Around this area, it is apart of the Tall Cedars and I know the Supreme Tall Cedar travels around giving this degree (they just went to Florida to put it on.)

Either way, I'm excited about it didn't realize there were so many other off shoots. I'm a little upset most of the lodge is going to the 34th degree and since I haven't joined the Scottish Rite, I cannot attend. I guess I'll have to wait a few years for the next one to come around.

Art

There was the Coyote Degree in our Shrine Unit it was a fund raiser thing. There is a stuffed coyote on the alter during the ceremony which is given to one person at a time. At the end of the obligation a rather funny thing happens to the candidate.